Open Call for Submissions for exhibition at BALTIC Artist’s Book Fair June 14th & 15th 2013
The Sunderland Book Project invites national and international artist’s, designers, bookmakers and printmakers to design and make an artist’s book, pamphlet, zine or comic inspired by the North East of Englands coastal city of Sunderland. Choose from the city’s rich history in seafaring, industrial heritage and glass making, (to name just a few) or document contemporary landmarks such as the Stadium of Light, University City and the Aquatic Centre boasting the only 50m swimming pool between Leeds and Edinburgh!
Background The aim of the project is to collect a wide range of unique interpretations of the city of Sunderland from around the world. The books will be exhibited in national and international venues. To date 56 participants and 48 books make up The Sunderland Book Project.
This is a touring exhibition and has strict guidelines.
- Work to be no larger than: 21x15x1cm
- The artist can choose the edition size, but must be a minimum of 3. The exhibition will require two copies for exhibition. The artist can retain the third copy for their records.
- Deadline for receipt of work: 1st June 2013.
- The selectors decision is final
- To submit work, email email@example.com requesting a submission form or down load the application form here.Application Form Sland Bk
- Suggested research: www.visitsunderland.com www.twmuseums.org.uk/sunderland
The Sunderland Book Project on tour with The Book Apothecary 2011